Sunday 3 May 2009

Allow me

Is it possible to have just one best friend? One whom you would share your life with, the ups and downs, never judges you, tells you when you are wrong and most of all, to forgive you for every mistake you did. At the earliest stage of my life, this is impossible. I’ve grown up with friends whom I think never take me for who I am. I constantly find myself prone to change and adaptation to meet their expectation. Anyways I am proud to call them friends. Although they were never my protector, (I guess mainly it was because I never needed one) they were there to support and encourage me to do well in school. I was the black sheep in my circle of friends. That was, till the day I found my best friend.

H, she is everything I am not. She is relaxed most of the time, she has her own point of view but rarely voiced it out loud. She is a simple lady with the sweetest smile and the nicest heart. Sometimes I wonder how we suited each other because there seems to be nothing in common between me and her. To cut the story short, we clicked. She accepted me wholeheartedly. I do not think there is one time she tried to change me, no, never. Hence it is why my love for her knows no boundaries. I can hardly meet her face to face but I sure think of her everyday.

And I was so doomed when I found out her relationship with a guy had lasted for so many years, how did I not see that? She said she was shy to let me know, afraid that I might make fun of her, but really, one person’s choice of man is no funny business to me. So H, if you ever happened to read this, allow me to apologize. I’m sure at times I tend to turn our friendship all about myself, but that was just to let you open up to me more.

Allow me to be part of your life exactly like you are in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment